Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Owl Creek Bridge & The Most Dangerous Game

I loved reading Owl Creek Bridge.  Throughout the entire story I was pissed because I thought that Peyton Farquhar made it back home until I read the last sentence saying his body was swaying gently from side to side beneath the times of the Owl Creek bridge, and then realized he imagined it all.  This story is kinda crazy because his imagination took over his reality.  But I understand why he went psycho he was about to be hung.  At least his last thought was seeing his wife.  However, the Most Dangerous Game it is just mind boggling to me. Killing humans...weird. I remember reading this story in high school.  I think Rainsford is kinda dumb.  As soon as Zaroff told him he hunts humans it all falls into place.  No wonder Zaroff is being so nice and providing him with everything.. he wants to kill him! I just think it took Rainsford a little too long for him to realize he is being hunted by Zaroff.  But I was glad that Rainsford won in the end because Zaroff just sounded creepy.  When they talked about Zaroff smiling I just pictured the joker.

No comments:

Post a Comment