Monday, November 8, 2010

Reading Critically

I like the reading critically a lot. It helps me understand the story much better.  I actually like doing it first instead of going back and reading it because then it gives me a chance to stop reading and really comprehend what is going on in the story.  For "The Yellow Wallpaper", I found a lot more symbols in the stories but it also made me question certain things too.  Like throughout the story I think her husband was cheating on her with Jennie, but I'm not sure.  I have several questions for this story.  One thing I struggle with is highlighting everything because then highlighting looses its significance.  So I really try not to highlight everything I see and only highlight certain items that stand out to me.  It takes a much longer time doing this, but I think in the end it really doesn't because you don't have to go back as much in the story to find what you are looking for, and overall you get a much better understanding of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment