Saturday, January 22, 2011

Feminist Critics

First off, I didn't read your email until a few minutes ago so I read to 155 so my information will be past page 122! I thought this was the most interesting because in We, I do think Zamyatin makes men and women seem equal for the most part.  When I-330 stands up and says "no" during the One Vote Day, it shocks me that he would write about a women this way because women in the 1920's weren't like that at all.  I think part of the reason Zamyatin makes I-330 this way because she is the "different" one.  The men and women at the One State generally do the same things.  Men are mostly male-dominated in the story, but it's not to the extent where it is too over powering because I-330 still outsmarts everyone.  I also just thought of this, nobody in We is married.  I know they have those triangle families and such but do they not get married?

No comments:

Post a Comment