Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scene V.

I so far think the play is very interesting.  I think many of the things that happen in this play you can relate to society today.  Everywhere you go there are bad things happening.  So when Mephistophilis tells him hell has no specific location I agree with his statement.  I also think the good and bad angel everyone can also relate to.  When your doing something you know is wrong and someone tells you not to do but there is always this peer pressure to do it.  Faustus went with the peer pressure.  Right when he decided to give his soul away and he saw the words "Oh man fly", that definately was a symbol that he chose the wrong decision.  I think throughout the play he will like all the power but then he will want to repent because he finds it isn't what he thought it would be like.

1 comment:

  1. I think he realizes he doesn't know what to do with his magic because he doesn't take on responsibility. I think his religious make-up is a cover up. I feel like people were just involved in the church so people didn't hate them because religion was a huge deal during that time. I feel like he doesn't really know what he believes in besides he wants absolute power and will do anything to possess it.

    ReplyDelete